Pages

Monday, August 15

Candy Striped Nails by Milly

Hello Dutchess Roz readers. It is Milly from Pearls & Poodles and I am honoured today to be guest posting on Roz's blog whilst she is off holidaying in slightly more sunnier surroundings. I have been lucky enough to meet Roz several times now at various events and she is such a lovely person and brilliant blogger. Needless to say I jumped at the chance when she asked if I would guest post for her whilst she is away.

Following a great response to a recent nail art post I featured on my own blog, I thought I would trot my talons over here and show you my latest design. This technique is really very simple, and can be adapted with any colour combinations you fancy. To create the tips I used some nail guide stickers which you can easily find on eBay; literally hundreds of different designs for a few pounds.

CANDY STRIPES

I used No.7 nail polish in Snowflake for the base. Now this isn't an amazing white, it is a little streaky and required 3 good coats to achieve an even and opaque finish, but it was the only white I had so it had to suffice. For the candy stripe tips I used Barry M polishes in:

304 - Mint Green, 309 - Pale Pink, 308 - Pale Purple, 307 - Lemon Ice Cream, 306 - Pale Blue.
After applying the white base coat I waited...and waited some more until it was completely dry. If the nail polish is slightly tacky, the nail guide stickers will just rip it off and make a big fat mess. Next I took the nail guide stickers and placed them on my nails, making sure they were lined up as straight as possible. Once happy with their placement, I painted the tips with my chosen colours. Again, it is important to wait until the tips are totally dry before gently peeling off the stickers.
 Et voila. :)

A really fun and colourful take on your typical french manicure.

Thank you Roz for letting me gatecrash your blog and share this post with your readers. I hope you are having a fantastic break away and eating lots of pizza and gelato!
Is this something you would try?
x Milly

Roz: Thanks Milly for this awesome post! I looooove these fun nails. They are super funky and creative! Pearls & Poodles is such FAB blog - Milly has an amazing sense of style (she actually inspired me to finally go and get my long lusted after Alexander McQueen scarf), her beauty and hair reviews always inspire me and OMG she is miss cupcake extraordinaire!! Definitely recommend you check out her blog now if you haven't seen it before. Thanks Milly again - you are such a darl :) xoxo

12 comments:

Kotryna said...

OMG, sooo pretty!

Alice at SuperGorgeous said...

Gorgeous!x

Claire said...

I absolutely love it, gorgeous, I will definitely try this :-)

Nikki said...

Very fun!

www.nikkbsnotes.blogspot.com

Summer Loren said...

These look so, so pretty! x

Laura said...

this is so cute i have to do this nail look!

www.ulikemystyle.blogspot.com

Glamour Galore said...

These are great you have given me lots of ideas!

www.glamourgalore.blogspot.com

Heather said...

so pretty I love it....

Miss Cupcake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Cupcake said...

So fun!! I love these colors!!!

XOXO, CC

https://twitter.com/CupcakeKissesxx

https://thecupcakecartel.blogspot.com

socialitedreams said...

Great job milly! it's so pretty, i love that idea...good choice of colors


Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

Rebecca said...

I love this design! Can't wait to try it :) x