Pages

Thursday, April 15

NOTD: Camouflage Colour in Skin

I was going through my nail polish collection the other day and found a little bottle hidden in the back of the cupboard. It was  a Natural Source Camouflage Colour Nail Lacquer  in the shade Skin. I still remember buying it at Sydney airport a few years back but don't think I ever used it much. I was in the mood for a more neutral nail so I decided to give this little one try.
The result:
I really like the colour of this polish, it reminds me of Revlon Nude Attitude lipstick but on your nails, but unfortunately application was difficult. The applicator handle was so hard to hold (due to shape and size) and therefore made it really tricky to apply the polish accurately. It took about 2 ½  coats to get a semi satisfactory application and the consistency was a bit tacky (perhaps this was just because the nail polish was old...) Their website also promises up to 7 days chip free. Well my nails started chipping on day 1! Very disappointing.

Maybe I need to look for a  better quality polish in a similar colour! :) Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Michélle said...

The color is perfect! I feel like I've been on the hunt for the perfect french manicure pink/nude for years and years.. I still haven't found "The One" that also has staying power.
Good luck in the hunt! If I find a great one, I'll let you know ;)
xo

Ebru said...

What a pretty color! I love nude nail polishes but seem to always reach for colorful ones :) I absolutely love Essie when it comes to neutral colors. My favorite neutrals from Essie are, Baby's Breath (I think this is pretty close to the one you have) Naked Truth and Prima Ballerina. Also I really love "Easy Going" by Sinful Colors.

Logan said...

That is a shame they are chipping because it looks really stunning on you. Its the perfect nude color. Maybe I will have to check out the Revlon Nude. Thanks for the review! xoxo