Pages

Tuesday, April 20

Sharing my > for Tim Walker

Hi lovelies

Wanted to share some beautiful pictures with you today by famous photographer Tim Walker. I discovered some of his work on the internet a about half a year ago and just fell in LOVE them!

Some information on Tim Walker:

Tim Walker is a photgrapher based in London (born in 1970).  Tim’s interest in photgraphy began at 
condé nast library in london while working on the  cecil beaton archive.  When he graduated from the Exeter college of art in 1994,  he became richard avedon's full-time assistant in new york. When returning back to england,  he began concentrating on portrait and documentary work for UK newspapers, before committing himself to fashion photography. At the age of 25, he shot his first fashion story for vogue and has photographed for the British, Italian and American editions ever since. In the spring of 2008 his first major show was held at the Design Museum in London, which coincided with the publication of his first book "Pictures".
The Victoria & Albert Museum and the National Portrait Gallery in London include the photographs of Tim Walker in their permanent collections.

"Walker's images evoke a sublime moment in time, evoking a sense of epic drama and beauty. The sets in which his pictures are captured are lavish locations which are juxtaposed against the everyday, mixed with the slightly absurd and outrageous. His photographs tell a narrative which is derived from an imagination which most of us have left behind in our childhood.  He presents to his viewer a glimpse into his own imagination, his work reminding us of our capacity to dream the unthinkable. Though his images are whimsical, they are real as they have been meticulously executed and have not been modified by computer."

Above: This is my favourite photograph! ♥ 
I really want this as a poster , frame it and hang it on my wall
His photo's are so full of imagination and dreams, incredible! 

I really want to buy his book "Pictures" & have it on my coffee table in my, one day, fabulous house :)

PS: I have recently added the feature "subscribe to my blog via email". So if you are interested in that, please check it out in the side bar! Thank you.

6 comments:

Iris said...

Oh, I absolutely love his pictures! I saw his coffee table book the other day -> fantastic!!

Logan said...

Oh my gosh. Wow. Those pictures are STUNNING. I am writing his name down. I agree with you, the top picture is so gorgeous, I want to find a way to get a copy and frame it too. Thanks so much for showing us the lovely pictures! xoxo

Michélle said...

Oooo, I love the first picture!! I can understand you'd want that in poster size!!!

Unknown said...

I love love love that first pic!!!!! He is amazing!

Anonymous said...

these are such beautiful pictures! i love the one of the cherry tree painted on the wall :)

~jenn

www.amodelmoment.blogspot.com

LuLu said...

Wow, I had no idea of his work, it's amazing:)! Thanks for sharing this Roz! Definitely going to look into his pictures.

xoxo lulu