Pages

Sunday, November 14

Deliciously soft kissable cherry lips!

With the cold winter months approaching I thought I'd share one of my all time favourite lip products that keep my lips moisterised, soft, healthy and kissable ;) during the chilly winter season.

Introducing: The Body Shop, Wild Cherry Lip Butter 
The Body Shop Lip Butters come in little pots with screw top lids. They are basically a miniature version of their Body Butter pots, for anyone who is familiar with those, but made for the lips. A pot is 10ml in size and costs £4.00. On the bottom of the pot we are informed that the pot is recyclable after use and that of course The Body Shop is against animal testing (FAB!)

They come in a variety of other flavours; pink grapefruit, shea, coconut, mango, sweet lemon and the new spiced vanilla one which I cant wait to try next! The colours of the pots correspond to the flavours - coconut is brown, lemon is yellow, pink grapefruit is pink etc. - with stickers on the top of each one to inform you which variety it is.

When you unscrew the lid you are exposed to the lip butter which is a soft pink colour and comes about three quarters of the way up the pot. As soon as you remove the lid you are hit with a gorgeous sweet cherry smell which is what initially drew me to this product! You just need a tiny bit of the butter on your finger for your lips and as such I am sure that this product will last a long time, making the £4.00 price tag not as bad as it perhaps first seems as a pot is sure to last you a very long time.
What The Body Shop says: 
A rich, intensive moisturiser for the lips with tantalising wild cherry. Its creamy butter-like texture melts onto the lips to help prevent dryness, leaving them feeling soft, smooth and kissable.
The main ingredients are wild cherry oil known for its moisturising benefits, community trade shea butter which leaves the skin soft, smooth and supple and community trade beeswax which is a skin conditioner.You can get the Lip Butter online here or at any of their stores.

What I love:
The smell, I adore anything cherry! ♥
The texture, leaves my lips feeling super soft & moisterised
The small and convenient packaging
That it's not tinted and makes my lips a little glossy but not sticky

What I hate:
Nope....Nada...Nothing :)

One little thing I should say is that I wouldn't recommend this product if your lips are already sore or chapped. Because it is a butter and not a balm, it does not have good healing properties and is therefore better suited as a general moisturising product when your lips are already healthy :)

What is one of your favourite lip moistering products for the cold winter months?

6 comments:

Ai said...

I love The Body Shop♥ I actually went in the other day to check out their holiday stuff! Out of their stuff, I liked the spiced vanilla the best :D

xoxo
Ai

katjes said...

í've just bought a lip balm from the body shop yesterday : D it's a cranberry flavour and it smells yummy!

jennie said...

I love these, definitely need to stock up! Great post lovely :) xo

TheOtherSideofCool said...

Looks like a trip to the body shop for me on lunch tomorrow! x

Irene Blushing Loves said...

I must go to the Body Shop and search!!Thanks for the review sweetie!I love lip balms for winter!!!
xxx

Rica said...

hey roz, you've been tagged
http://smolderphloof.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-very-first-blog-award.html

xoxo,
rica