Pages

Friday, April 8

Amber Lights FOTD

Happy Friday Girlies!
Recently I the lovely Laura of Lollipop Loves held a blog sale and I managed to score two great purchases! Actually think there might still be a few items left so feel free to have a peek here!
The two items I got (for a bargain price, yay!) were MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow & Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in Naked. They arrived the other day with a cute note from Laura, loved the little cupcake print! See swatches below:
Amber Lights is a golden peachy-brown eyeshadow with golden shimmer (frost). I have been eyeing up this shade for a while so when I spotted it in the blog sale, I took this as a sign that I was meant to add it to my collection ;) Such a beautiful colour and think this shade is a must have for people with a warm skin-tone or blue eyes! 

Just like the 24/7 Glide-on Eye pencils, the Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil is very long lasting! Naked is a neutral pink shade and suitable for many skin tones. "Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil in Naked is formulated with jojoba oil, vitamin E, and cottonseed oil to nourish the skin and improve the smoothness of application." It looks a lot darker swatched then when applied on my lips. I love this colour when gently applied to lip with a clear gloss on top. It would also be great under any neurtral or pink toned lipsticks. The formula is very creamy and glides on very smooth. It also doesn't make your lips dry which is great!

Thanks Laura for these goodies, I am very pleased with my purchases! Of course I couldn't wait to start playing around with them so I created a FOTD:
♥Face:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer
Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Sand Beige (180 - Normal/Dry Skin)
MaxFactor Loose Powder in Translucent
Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder (contour)
Estee Lauder - Sea Star Bronzing Blush

♥Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Amber Lights eye shadow (all over lid up until crease)
MAC Nylon eye shadow (applied to tearduct)
MAC Charcoal Brown eye shadow (softly blended in outer corner)
MAC Dazzlelight eye shadow (brow bone highlight)
Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pencil (upper lashline)Bourjois Volume Fast & Perfect 'Rotatif' Mascara

♥Lips:
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Naked
MissGuided Lip splash (clear gloss)

Do you have Amber Lights eyeshadow? If so in what combinations do you like wearing it? xoxo Roz

7 comments:

LuLu said...

I love my Amber Light - remember I got it in London? It's very easy to combine, for a more natural feel I use it with Sumptious Olive or Satin Taupe. My favorite however is actually the combination with Nocturnelle, the mix of purple and gold has a very rich or glamourous affect (lol-to match my jeans :D) besides I like the combo of those colors with the color of my hazel/greenish eyes :) Oh btw - I ended up getting the MAC liquid eye-liner... I walked by the MAC store and just got it :P

MakeupbyEesha said...

You are so pretty.... and Amber lights look awesome on you :)
This has been my favorite eyeshadow since I started building up my MAC eyeshadow collection... :)

jennie said...

Such a pretty shadow and it suits you so well! xoxo

Anonymous said...

This looks great on you! I've been meaning to get this eyeshadow for a while. It looks great on blue eyes! You have a new follower here (:

Heather x

http://heatherdoesmakeup.blogspot.com/

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Love your eyeshadow!

Laura-PBN said...

Yay so glad it all arrived ok Roz!! Amber Lights looks amazing on you - makes your eyes look so vibrant. I love it xxx

River said...

The eyeshadow really suits you! Looks great.