Pages

Sunday, April 10

Eyeko BIG Eyes

A while back I got the Eyeko Big Eyes Mascara from ASOS and have now used it for a while so thought I'd do a quick review to let you know my thoughts :)

What they say:
"Long & Luscious in one easy squeeze! Seeing is believing...
The cult classic blacker than BLACK mascara that lengthens, thickens and curls in one! Transform and intensify lashes with a single stroke of the unique brush.Evenly dispersed bristles coat and separate lashes with highly pigmented colour. The lash friendly formula combines natural oils and silicones with added Panthenol (Vitamin B) to prevent dryness,premature breakage and promote lash growth."

Here are my eyes with the Big Eyes Mascara:
PS: makeup wise I am wearing Urban Decay Baked e/s on the inner lid with Urban Decay Darkhorse on mid/outer lid, blended into crease and along lower lash line. Bourjous Effet Smoky Pencils in Ultra Black on the waterline and MAC liquid liner on the top lash line.







♥ Pro's
Cute packaging and comes in squeezable tube (which means no product is wasted)
The brush is thin and long, with widely spread spiral bristles. I really like the wand because it coats every lash and allows you to apply the mascara with precision. 
Very long lasting, without flaking or smudging throughout the day
Nice strong/deep black formula which is non drying
Mascara lengthens, volumises and really holds the curl to my lashes.  Great for a dramatic look!

♥ Con's
The mascara applies quite 'wet' and will start to thicken when it dries. This is fine but does mean that you need apply your second coat of mascara before the first coat has fully set and dried because otherwise it's nearly impossible to add another layer.
The other main downside for me is that the mascara is really hard to remove. I prefer mascara that removes easily (say with water in the shower) and I don't tend to wear a lot of waterproof mascara. This mascara isn't marketed as waterproof,  but there is no way you will get this product off without makeup remover (and even then you need to apply quite a bit of pressure to get it off!)
When removing, the mascara kind of disintegrated into little pieces instead of dissolving. However the plus side to this is that the mascara is super long lasting. Therefore I tend to wear this mascara if I am going out at night so I know my lashes will look lovely all night long! :)

Overall I think this is a great 'drugstore' mascara, especially if you are looking for long lasting dramatic 'Big Eyes' :)

Priced at £8.50 from the Eyeko website (only available online)
However use my ambassador code E15072 to receive a free gift with all purchases over £15/€18/$20!

5 comments:

Viktória said...

looks really pretty in my opinion :) im still looking for the perfect mascara. i will give it a try,. thanks!

kusje :)


viktoriasstyle.blogspot.com

www.Victoria-Gabrielle.blogspot.com said...

that looks fab on but like you i hate mascaras that are too difficult to remove! I might try it though the packagings cute too

www.vikki-gabrielleworld.blogspot.com x

Sandra said...

that's exactly what my opinion is of the mascara!! hate that it's such a pain to remove

Vida said...

I've always wanted to try this, it looks so cute. Thanks for the review!

TheDollsFactory said...

this looks great
i'm fed up of mascaras promissing miracles for the lashes and not delivering what they promisse


Always following
The Dolls Factory