A while back I spotted a photo of Emily Rossum at an event in NYC which totally inspired me! I loved the colour combination of the yellow gold and dark eye shadows. She applied black liner almost all the way around the entire rim of her eyes but leaving the inner v’s free of the dark due. This is very smart because it keeps the eyes open and bright, but still leaves them looking defined. So I re-created the look:

The eye shadow application of this look was my favourite bit! The way in which they applied a daring dark hue on the outer corners and blended a gold pigment across the inner v’s is beautiful. To give the eye a little bit of balance, they even applied a very thin line of the dark hue underneath the lower lashes on the outer corner, and ever so slightly taken the gold hue down to where her lower lashes begin. Perfection! Add a mean dose of mascara and you’ve got a great but slightly different smokey eye! So here it is, check out how I created my inspired FOTD
♥ FaceVIE Prime Time Face Primer (a lovely primer for under your foundation to give you a radiant glow & keep your foundation in place throughout the day) Get it online here for £13.00 €16.25
MAC Studio Fix Foundation (NC20) mixed with a little Revlon ColourStay Foundation (180)
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish
MAC Bronzer in Golden
MAC Peachykeen blush (apples of cheeks)
MAC Vanilla Pigment (highlight on cheekbones)
♥ Eyes
NARS Smudge Proof Eye shadow Base (primer)
MAC Charcoal Brown e/s to fill in brows & set with MAC clear brow gel
Estee Lauder Island Oasis Eye Shadow Palette – Gold shade (lid & lower lash line halfway)
MAC Carbon e/s (outer V, crease until middle and along outer lower lashline)
MAC Smolder Eyeliner (waterline – top and bottom)
NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
MAC Dazzlelight e/s (highlight underneath brow bone)
♥ Lips
Estee Lauder Lip gloss in Electric Ginger
I absolutely loved this look and will definitely wear this more often.
What do you think? xoxo
14 comments:
Absolutely love this look, its soo pretty! You look great!
I'm sure you know but there are a few problems with the coding of your blog by the way, above the header is an extra < which is unnecessary and also the scrolling doesn't work very well.
Just wanted to point it out in case you hadn't realised!
ooo very nice!! you did this look so well!!
That looks so, so pretty! I'll have to try out that look myself because it's lovely! xxx
Love this look! It's a gorgeous variation on the classic smokey eye!
Burn the Blonde X
omg! i see the resemblance between you two! you should try going brunette! I love this look on you! stay gorge!
http://pastelbluejacket.blogspot.com
Very nice. I love this combination on your eyes!
You are so gorgeous!!!
love this look xx
ceeharvey.blogspot.com
Awesome recreation :) This look really makes your blue eyes stand out even more! I like how you only needed to use a few eyeshadows to create such a multidimensional look. Sometimes I've seen people use like eight shadows to create one look!
I love Emmy Rossum, she's so pretty <3 Your recreation is really good and it suits you a lot! :) Love all the gold.
http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/
you look stunning!
You are BEAUTIFUL!! Loving your makeup tutorials!
This is such a great eye-catching smokey eye that's not too harsh! I think your makeup's much nicer than Emmy Rossum's, though.
wow you did such a great job! your eyes look amazing! very pretty :)
xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com
Post a Comment