I have returned to London after a long weekend back home in the Netherlands. My weekend was a bit mixed, some super fun times but unfortunately also some really sad times. Why? Well, one of the main reasons I went home this weekend was because my grandmother is very ill and this was my last chance to say goodbye to her. I went to see her on Sunday with my parents and it was very tough and emotional to say that final ‘bye’ and tell her that I love her…
Since the start of this week she is now permanently asleep and it probably won’t be long before she passes away. Very sad but in a way you have to think, she is 95 (what a life!) and unfortunately it has come to an end for everyone at some stage..
Therefore today’s Happy Hump Day message is very close to my heart!

This is a sign that my grandmother (or ‘Oma’ as we call it in Dutch) has had in her house every since I can remember! It’s a very traditional Dutch saying that people had on little Delft's Blue wall tiles or embroidered onto cushions etc. It means ‘For the concert of life, nobody gets a program’. How true is that right? Life just happens, it's unpredictable so you can't get a program in advance! Happy Hump Day ♥
In other news, check my new compact digital camera that I got recently! My old compact died (r.i.p) when I arrived in Marrakesh so I was in desperate need of a new one. I've had a Sony CyberShot for years but I heard so many good things about Canon camera's I decided to go for one of them instead:
When I bought this camera I got an awesome little gadget for FREE with it - the JOBY Gorilla Pod!
I have wanted one of these for a while so it definitely signed the deal when I realised I would get this as part of the package. It is such a cool tripod; it's small, super light and you can bend the legs to connect it to pretty much anything to get that perfect shot! You can get the Canon IXUS 117 HS (including the Gorilla Pod) here
I couldn't wait to start playing around with my new toy so my weekend back in the Netherlands was the perfect opportunity! Check out some shots from the weekend :)
I have wanted one of these for a while so it definitely signed the deal when I realised I would get this as part of the package. It is such a cool tripod; it's small, super light and you can bend the legs to connect it to pretty much anything to get that perfect shot! You can get the Canon IXUS 117 HS (including the Gorilla Pod) here
I couldn't wait to start playing around with my new toy so my weekend back in the Netherlands was the perfect opportunity! Check out some shots from the weekend :)
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
xoxo Roz
xoxo Roz


5 comments:
i'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother!
Lots of love and hugs to you my darling xxx
I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother...so say Roz...and what a lovely saying..very very true xox
Oh Roz...I'm so sorry about your Oma :( That little embroidered sign is so cute. And so true! I hope you had a nice time with your parents, apart from the sad circumstances. Your pictures are gorgeous. xoxoxoxo
Sorry to hear about your grandmother, but you're right...95 is a very good long life!
Great photos :)
Post a Comment