Sleek MakeUP is a UK based lower budget cosmetics brand and is mainly known for their range of 12-colour i-Divine Palettes. You can buy the Sleek palettes at Superdrug in the UK or if you live out of Europe you can get your hands on one of these palettes online, either through EBay or other online cosmetic websites. I got my palette through Crush Cosmetics.
This is my review on the Storm Palette. The palette contains 12 mineral-based eye shadows in gorgeous jewel tones. There are three matte shades (a light brown, dark brown and black) and the rest are highly shimmery, beautifully rich and pigmented shadows. They are slightly smaller than a MAC shadow, and the texture of them is quite different. Although they are pressed powders, they are almost creamy in texture - which gives a lovely metallic finish
Colour descriptions:
Top Row L-R: shimmery pale gold, shimmery light 'champagne' gold, matte light brown, shimmery dirty gold, shimmery light pink, shimmery 'cranberry'.
Bottom Row L-R: shimmery bronze, shimmery grey/blue, shimmery green, shimmery dark blue with hint of purple, matte dark brown, matte black.
Bottom Row L-R: shimmery bronze, shimmery grey/blue, shimmery green, shimmery dark blue with hint of purple, matte dark brown, matte black.
PRO's
- Great pigmentation and true to the colours as what you see on the pan
- Great selection of colours, it has both neutrals and dramatic colours.
- Has both matte (3x) and shimmery (9x) colours
- Long lasting and doesn't fade easily (when used with base or primer)
- Smooth texture
- Shades are easy to blend, meaning you can control the intensity of the colour
- Very affordable price tag (sells for £4.99 in the UK. I paid AUS$18.95 for mine)
- Shades are easy to blend, meaning you can control the intensity of the colour
- Very affordable price tag (sells for £4.99 in the UK. I paid AUS$18.95 for mine)
CON's
- A bit powdery so you have to be careful with fallouts
- Shadows are quite soft so could have tendency to break easily when travelling.
- Shadows are quite soft so could have tendency to break easily when travelling.
- Palette doesn't really have a great brow highlight colour. I personally find the lighter colours a bit too much to use as brow highlight (however great for inner eye highlight!)
Overall I think that if you like neutrals & smokey eyes then the Storm Palette is a fantastic versatile palette to own! You can easily create a soft neutral eye for the day with the lighter shades or a more dramatic smoky eye with the darker colors. I can definitely see why the Sleek MakeUP palettes have become so popular. Even though I think that the quality isn't as good as say MAC or other high end brands but for the amazingly low price you get a fantastic selection of colours that are very pigmented and pretty good quality. Good value for money. Expect some FOTD's coming up with this new palette :)
I might consider getting some of their other palette's now like Original or Graphite! Do you own any of the Sleek Palette's? If so which ones and what do you think of them?




3 comments:
Love the pallete!!Gorgeous colors!!!
I have this palette & I love it! The shadows are really pigmented - but your right about the fallout :) xx
Looks great but if there are a lot of fallout I`ll not be buying it, cause I just hate fallouts ;)
Have a great day and please follow me ;)
Post a Comment