Pages

Monday, March 1

February Favourites +

Wow I can't believe it's the 1st of March today! Time has really flown by so far for me in 2010!  Here are my favourite products for February:




MAC Blankety Lipstick
I think this is my PERFECT Nude lipstick! Before I owned Blankety my go to nude was MAC Creme D'Nude but was never 100% happy with it. Think with my skin colour it was a little too nude and it washed out my face. Even though Blankety is a nude lipstick, it has hints of pink to balance out the plainness of a nude lip  This lipstick is perfect on its own for a professional or natural look.  Or if you’d like something more glamorous, you can use it as a base and add some shimmery lip gloss over it. This lipstick also goes great with dramatic eye makeup as it is ideal not to use rich colours for lips if you’re already putting great emphasis on your eye makeup.


UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion)
This primer has a huge following with many beauty bloggers. Urban Decay promises that it will make your eyeshadow last longer, make it more vibrant and no creasing. Well I am happy to say I think it fully lives up to the hype! I think its a really good primer and prefer it over my MAC Prep & Prime Eye that I have been using for years. It dries down almost instantly (and invisibly), creating super smooth lids that will be a perfect base for any eye shadow. 


NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss - Smokey Look
I love everything about this lip-gloss!
Colour: a stunning natural, peachy nude with shimmer. It's the perfect gloss to accompany a dark smokey eye but also very nice with more natural make up.
Look: Cute packaging - it has an adorable little bow on the top of the lid
What I love the most though is the  Taste & Smell:  It has this yummy cherry taste/smell. Some people might hate that about this gloss but I love anything cherry so this is like putting candy on your lips! Yumm :)


MAC Satin Taupe Eye Shadow I have owned this colour for ages but somehow it always got lost below all my other shadows in my make up case so I had kind of forgotten about it.  Now that I have depotted most of my MAC Eye shadows into Pro Palette's, I have re-discovered Satin Taupe. I have been using it a lot this month to darken up my crease or just on the lid on its own. Such a gorgeous colour.


MAC Trax Eye Shadow
A new shade added to my collection this month and really love this colour. Gorgeous burgundy plum/gold colour.
Fantastic match with bronze, golds or browns or also for darker smokey look pair it with carbon.



NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk
This is a great white eye liner pencil. I use it to line my waterline or to apply a little bit to the inner corner of my eye to brighten it up! I have tried several white eyeliner pencils but have never found anything as good as this one. It has such amazing colour pay off and it says in the waterline almost all day. 



ModelCo - Airbrush Tan in a Can It is summer in NZ and I am definitely a fake tan kind of girl! This month I have mainly been using this Instant Bronzer and Self Tanning Spray for Face and Body. It has a really good spray nozzle (airbrush effect) which makes the tan go on as a really fine mist. It dries fast and doesn't cause major streaking. What I love about this product is that it gives you an instant all-over healthy glow (due to the bronzer in the product) whilst the long lasting self tanner develops underneath in hours.  With other self tanners I normally apply them at night, let it dry, sleep and wake up the next morning tanned. However with this one because it has the bronzer it in I even use it to touch up areas in the mornings or before going out at night.

L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray - Diamond Hold
I had always heard so much about this hairspray so recently I finally decided to pick it up when it was for sale at my local department store. I initially tried it out on my curled hair to see how well it would hold...I was disappointed :( OK Yes I live in a very windy city but this hairspray did not hold my curls at all. By the time I had walked to work in the morning my curls were pretty much non-existent! So why is it in my February favourites then you ask? Well...after the disappointment of its holding power  I started using this hairspray on straight or volume styled hair and was surprised...I liked it. I now use this almost daily to just "set" my hair or fringe.  It fixes my hair without making it hard and crunchy.  Be aware, this hairspray does have a very distinctive chemical like smell. It reminds me so much of my late grandmother, I wonder if she used this hairspray?! Isn't it funny how certain smells can bring back certain memories :)

What were your favourite products this month?

6 comments:

Rosalyn said...

I knw what you mean about Elvive's smell, my Mum doesn't like it at all but I qite like the old lady smell! Really like Trax, think that might be one for me to pick up soon.

Irene Blushing Loves said...

I love favorites!!!Mac lipstick caught my eye!!I was going to buy mac d'nude but this one looks more colorful thanks!!!

Nicole said...

i have wanted blankety for the longest time!
trax is one of my favorite eyeshadows, its so pretty :)
great favs !

Mariana said...

wow i really like blankety too! nice post :)

India said...

Blankety is such a lovely colour! Recently bought it myself :) xx

Marie said...

Trax is one of my MAC fave eyeshadows!:D


Check out my blog!
http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com
BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
...and everything girly under the sun!