Pages

Wednesday, September 29

Happy Go Lucky :)

Can you do with a good giggle? Well have I got a movie tip for you! I got this DVD out the other day & watched it with my mum. "Happy-Go-Lucky is a laugh-out-loud comedy about having fun, looking for love and getting on with life"
What's it about?
School teacher Poppy (Sally Hawkins) approaches every day with an optimism and joy that is unshakable. When the bicycle she commutes to work on is stolen, Poppy simply signs up for driving lessons. Her teacher, Scott, is a fuming, uptight cynic who channels his anger into hilariously inappropriate episodes of road rage. But neither Scott, her bitter pregnant sister, a fiery flamenco instructor or a class room bully can change the Happy-Go-Lucky girl’s “glass half full” world view in writer-director Mike Leigh’s funny, truthful and deeply life-affirming film.



Fantastic acting by Sally Hawkins (well deserved Golden Globe win!). Polly's attitude is a little crazy & silly but infectious! This film truly made me laugh & realise that I shouldn't take life too serious all the time! 

"Smile and the world will smile with you" ♥ that quote!

3 comments:

Ria said...

This is one of my 3 favourite movies in the world!!!
Makes you feel so happy after seeing it!

Ezzy said...

I love your choice in music & movies :)
do keep posting about such stuff often !!

Irene Blushing Loves said...

Thanks hun for the recommendation!!Havent watched it but I'm going to soon!!!
Hugs and kisses!