Pages

Friday, October 15

The city of dreaming spires...

Last weekend (while in the UK) I went for a lovely adventure with some friends to the town of Oxford. For those of you that don't know; Oxford is an old city in South East England. It's known as "the city of dreaming spires" and is most famous for it's medieval University. The city is full of beautiful old University College's that reminded me a lot of Harry Potter (I actually think some scenes of the movies where filmed there!) 
We had a great time seeing the sites during the day and some of the oldest pub of the country at night ;) What a fabulous place; stunning historic pretty buildings and SO very English! 

Here is a quick Oxford OOTD picture: Leather Jacket by River Island (my aviator jacket (with woolen lined collar removed) 
White/Blue striped long sleeve VILA dress with padded shoulders
Leather gloves from Zipper (a vintage clothing store) in Amsterdam

We also visited the oldest coffee house in England - Oxford's "the Grand Cafe"There I enjoyed one of my favourite things about the United Kingdom.......DEVONSHIRE TEA!Oeh I just ♥ warm scones with cream and jam! Nom nom :)






9 comments:

suzie said...

I love Oxford! I had the chance to spend a month there and I absolutely loved it. This post made me really miss those times :)

Supergirl said...

I won't say nothing new - you look gorgeous:)

Lynsey said...

You look stunning love your outfit! your makeup looks lovely too. Could you tell me what foundation /powder you used and the shade for reference? x

Unknown said...

@ Lynstar, thanks. For that look I used Revlon ColorStay Foundation in colour 180 and a bit of MAC studio fix powder on top in NC20. Hope that helps! :)

Anonymous said...

Oxford looks beautiful! Love your outfit of the day!! Glad you're having so much fun traveling! Lots of love, Roz!

xx
Liz

Anonymous said...

Love this look! It's brilliant how you mixed animal print and stripes.

Jay said...

haha how odd! I worked in The Grand Cafe when I was at uni there! I went back there only a few weeks ago for high tea ... yum hey! Best scones ever!

Anna Saccone said...

Aww, I absolutely love these pictures! The one of you and the phonebox is so cute! You look really beautiful! <3

Kelli Murray said...

what a fun day!