Pages

Monday, October 25

Mini Shopaholic

I have been a true Sophie Kinsella fan ever since I first read one of her books "Remember Me". Since then I have read all of the "Shopaholic" books in the series plus every single one of her stand alone novels. Her books are always a guaranteed fun chick-lit read! So as soon as I heard she had released the sixth new book in the Shopaholic series called "Mini Shopaholic" I couldn't wait to rush to the store to get my hands on it! I have just finished reading it while on holiday so I thought I would share a quick review :)
Synopsis: 
"Becky Brandon (née Bloomwood) thought motherhood would be a breeze and that having a daughter was a dream come true a shopping friend for life! But it's trickier than she thought as two-year-old Minnie has a quite different approach to shopping.She can create havoc everywhere from Harrods to Harvey Nicks to her own christening. She hires taxis at random, her favourite word is Mine, and she's even started bidding for designer bags on eBay. On top of everything else, there s a big financial crisis. 
People are having to Cut Back including all of Becky's personal shopping clients and she and Luke are still living with Becky's Mum and Dad. To cheer everyone up, Becky decides to throw a surprise birthday party on a budget but then things become really complicated. Who will end up on the naughty step, who will get a gold star and will Becky's secret wishes come true?"

My review:
I think this is a lovely light, fun and enjoyable novel to read.The writing style is as great as ever allowing the reader to quickly and easily slip back into Becky’s world, and once you’re there, it’s like you never left! I found myself laughing out loud often while reading about Becky's crazy schemes and adventures. She manages to get herself into a few messes in every story but always finds a way to sort them. She is a little silly and child-like because of her impulsiveness but she always has the best intentions. She was every bit as charming and lovable in "Mini Shopaholic" as she has been in the past five novels. I had a hard time putting it down and I definitely think "Shopaholic" fans will enjoy this new chapter in Becky's life.

Ps: I won't give anything away but the ending of the book definitely left room for a potential 7th book in the series! YAY; let's hope we'll see Becky again soon! :)

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Work has absolutley taken over my life. I love to read and seldom have the time anymore. But I am creating a list of books to check out during my upcoming time off from work during the holidays and I'll add this serious to my list.

Jay said...

I was so annoyed when the film differed so much from the books! Did you feel the same? x

Unknown said...

@ Jay - Yes I was a little disappointed because the movie was a mix of a few of the books and the characters were quite different to how I had imaged them but did love Isla Fisher as Becky didn't mind the actor that played Luke (hot!) haha. Overall it was a little too cheesy and lacked the same "sparkle" as the books!

Rosalyn said...

I love, love, love the Shopoholic books and can't wait to get hold of this one, this post has got me all excited! xx

Georgia Writes Here said...

I saw this in Tesco last week and almost died.... i had been witing for this book for soooo long... i am reluctant to read your review of it as i don't want to ruin it. But i shall read it after... But i have to wait till Xmas to get the book as i'm on a spending ban till after christmas.
I was dissapointed by the movie, i thought they should have taken the time to make it like book aswell, it would have been more enjoyable! Although i did like Isla Fisher.. she is pretty! :D

Much love Georgie

Unknown said...

@ Georgie - my review doesn't really give anything away - I don't want to spoil things for people ;)
Good luck with the spending ban until Christmas! xoxo

Kasia said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment :) I really appreciate it!
Your blog is great. And girl, you are gorgeous!!

<3
www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

@ Kasia - thank you for answering my question.
think I really need to invest in photoshop - wish it wasnt so damn expensive tho :(
thanks for the sweet comment! xoxo

Ezzy said...

I remember my school days where I used to hoard over the Sophie Kinsella section and read her book so very often. Now uni life has become so busy I rarely get time to read. will check out this book next time though. <3 sophie

Marie said...

Such a fun series to read!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Anonymous said...

I´m always looking for a great read... will have to check out this series! Thanks, Roz! xx

TheOtherSideofCool said...

I love the shopaholic books, I didnt realise this one was out already! can't wait to catch up with becky and baby xx