Pages

Tuesday, February 9

MAC Devil May Care


My parents got me a MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow(Duo) from the 2009 Magic, Mirth, and Mischief holiday collection for Christmas this year. The duo is called Devil May Care and has a beautiful rich light violet/lilac/lavender shade and very chunky sparkly silver shade.
Since Christmas I hadn't really gotten around to using this eye shadow duo, so today I decided to review the shades and create a look with it.
I really love the purple shade, it is very pigmented and has gorgeous colour pay off. The silver shade (frost) is very glittery and doesn’t have a lot of sticking power. I used it with my mixing medium and that worked a treat.
I think you definitely need a base for the silver (like a MAC Paint Pot) or use it with a mixing medium or Fix+ to minimize fall out of the glitter and get as much colour pay off as possible.
See the look I created below.
 Eyes:
MAC Bare Canvas Paintpot (Base)
MAC Devil May Care - Violet colour (all over lid & lower lashline)
MAC Devil May Care - Silver colour (Inner eye to mid of lid, applied with mixing medium)
MAC Carbon (to darken crease)
MAC Brulee (Under brow bone to highlight)
MAC Smolder (waterline and as eyeliner, smudged on lid with some carbon)
MAC Zoom lash mascara
Bobbi Brown natural brow shaper
  
Lips:
MAC Blankety l/s
MAC Lipgelee - lilacrush (I adore this lip-gloss, am so sad MAC no longer does lipgelee's!)

Other ways I might use this duo:
Purple all over lid with the silver in the crease.
Pairing the purple colour with bronze & gold shades
Purple or silver colour could be used wet as an eyeliner which would make any look quite edgy and electric!

So many ideas; I really like this duo and will be usi
ng it more often going forward! What combinations would you pair it with, any ideas?

2 comments:

streetlighteyes said...

I love it!

Nicole said...

that color looks so pretty on you!
i have been wanting blankety lipstick forever!